7/31/2011

So Who's in Charge Here

For the past month or so, I have been trying to discern whether I was really meant to return to Sudan in September.  I had made the connections with Five Talents, Inc.  I had met the people, attended meetings and started to prepare for going.  I had spoken with David Copley and spoke to him about stopping in Juba.  I was excited that I might be going through Nairobi, Kenya and ending up in Wau, The Republic of South Sudan.  I was excited to be revisiting and old friend in a new country.  

I remembered the time leading up to my trip in 2008.  Every problem that I put before saying no, was taken care of.  A house and cat sitter, a sabbatical granted, funds raised.

This time, not so easy to recognize who was in control.

However, little by little who was in control became very apparent.  In order to make sure that I was really listening a messenger I could not ignore came calling.  The Rev. Canon Lloyd Casson. 

The result, an adventure in a different direction, one that does not require leaving Delaware.  But it does mean much time will be spent working toward the continued education of young women utilizing the same skills needed in Sudan.

Then is my continued involvement in the organization the American Friends of the Episcopal Church of Sudan.  The work on their annual conference and the up coming expense of attending General Convention in Indianapolis in 2012, both seem to be asking for funds that might go toward funding another trip. 

Then my 24 year-old heat pump decided to leak in the basement.  Imagine being told I needed $8,000-$10,000 to replace it entirely.  Or $2,000 towards replacing the pan. 

Jeez Lueez.


Ok, I might not have been paying attention, but did you have to shout?

No comments: