1/29/2008

The universe is unfolding

Judy handed me a copy of Max Ehrmann's Desiderata this morning. I had never read this before and it seems to resonate with all that is happening around and within me.

"And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should".

I take great comfort in these words as well as the rest of the piece. At times, the universe is swirling around and I feel strangely planted, rooted to the earth. This grounded feeling is unusual for me so I allow for times of silence to see how it feels. To learn its identity, to recognize its arrival, to experience another piece of me...unfolding.

Shalom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Judi! I am going to be following your journey, as I have been now for a number of years. This is a marvelous trip for you, and for us, and for anyone who comes in contact with you.

Jim Lewis

Anonymous said...

Judy,

These are elegant words to match the brave adventure you are embarking on.

There is, as you suggest, no way to know what awaits, so you just have to let yourself enjoy the unfolding..

all the best of luck!!
Michael


Michael E. Kanell
mkanell@ajc.com