11/16/2008

Out of the Closet

Enliven the faith communities of the world with a rebirth of welcome for all sorts and conditions of humanity, moving us to reorder our lives and our loves to such simplicity and goodwill as to preserve the earth and make for peace

From A Litany for Envisioning a New World, Bennett J. Sims, Bishop Emeritus, Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta

Reorder our lives and loves.

Tall order. How do you start?

Step out in faith.

This weekend, my daughter took it upon herself to open all of her storage boxes that she had brought with her when she moved back home.

She rummaged through closets, cabinets. The result was lots of clothes taken to Goodwill.

A reordering of closets, using her logic, not mine.

This results in a mental exercie designed to keep my brain young. It will be a challenge trying to figure out where everything is now stored.

In addition, there were lots of questions about what is this used for? Do you really need this?

I thought that I had already simplified, a lot, but apparently there is always room for more.

And, I find that this new order brings peace of mind. I must remember to thank her, alot.

Someone else is sweating the "little stuff" so that I can concentrate on the larger issues.

Someone else is now recognizing that an orderly household allows one to be involved in more pressing concerns.

Can organizing closets lead to preserving the earth and make for peace?




I'll let you know.

No comments: