3/05/2010

Jesus Said

Jesus said, “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I tell you?”

(Luke, Chapter 6, verses 46)


Ouch! Why does Jesus always have to be so blunt – especially with the truth? What would be so wrong with a little sugar-coated helpful suggestion once in a while? But, thanks be to God, that’s not in God’s nature. For if Jesus is to be Lord of my Life, not just lord of my liking, then I must give myself to him in all things. I don’t get to pick and choose what I want or like about Jesus and ignore the rest.


Jesus is the complete Word, not just several letters. He is Redeemer of my sins, not the excuser of a few indiscretions. He is the Savior of my life, not the rescue worker of a fleeting distress. If I truly desire to give my life to God, to call Jesus ‘Lord, Lord,’ then I am nothing but a fool if I ignore what he tells me, shows me, and invites me to do in his Name.

Jesus, Lord of our lives and Savior of our souls, have mercy on us as we strive to follow you without exception or fear. Amen.


The Rev. James Bimbi, author.

No comments: