3/26/2008

In Case of Fog

The Source of the River. Great title. However, for a little bit this week, I have wondered if I had lost my bearings, actually left the river, lost it in the fog. Where am I actually?

I remember: to know where you are going you have to know where you have been. So, this afternoon I revisited one of my earlier blogs and Max Ehrmann's Desiderata popped back out at me. Max was a gift from Judy, a dear friend.

In a previous blog, I had included the quote:

"And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should".

Voila! It is supposed to be foggy. I am supposed to wonder if I am still in the boat. Do not panic.

I have not been writing much. Too much to do and time seems compressed. The more compressed, the more precious. What seemed to have been so much time, now seems not enough. And, there is a difference between time here and time in Sudan and NY, relativity aside. The answers to questions cannot come as quickly as I would like.

So today, I decided to arrive and leave through Khartoum. I will get my tickets for Juba and Kampala once I arrive in Khartoum. I have asked a friend to check on the house issue in Juba, when he visits Sudan this week. It has been determined that new computers are needed in Sudan. NY is working on this as well. I will have to take a vacation day to travel to DC to turn in my Visa request at the Sudanese Embassy. They only take applications Monday- Friday, 10 AM - Noon. Yikes. I will have lunch or dinner with friends.

Friends. That is what I have forgotten. I am not alone on this journey, not alone in the boat. My friends are beacons in the fog, the oars for the boat, my deckhands.

Bless you all.

No comments: