3/15/2008

When you feel it, going is rarely a choice

It almost never happens, that I would start reading a headline at Comcast's section, Latest Headlines, In the News and finish reading the story. I did today.

Today, I finished reading an article entitled Friends Death in Iraq by Todd Pittman, AP.

Why? Because I am still reeling from President Bush telling a soldier about how romantic it must be while stationed in Afganistan.

Wow! Romance and war, two words I would not have thought to have used together. Then I read this story. www.comcast.net/news/articles/general/2008/03/15/Iraq.Through.the.Looking.Glass/

"The lure of a war is illogical, impossible to explain. When you feel it, going is rarely a choice."

It's a matter of perspective as to whether you find romance in war.

And perspective brings me to M.C. Escher and his unique perspectives. Mentioned by Keith Olbermann on Countdown this past Friday, he referenced stairs that go up and down at the same time.

I have located a website dedicated to his works. ww.mcescher.com/Gallery/gallery-symmetry

Enjoy, but try not to get a headache.

Finally, "When you feel it, going is rarely a choice."




No comments: