2/21/2009

Mandated Laziness

On the 20th, I had the greatest experience.

I had minor knee surgery and stayed awake to watch the procedure. To watch the doctors and nurses dress up, and get everything ready was worth the money.

A circus act.

I was allowed to watch the TV that showed what was going on inside my knee. I could not actually watch at knee level. Thank goodness.

I felt OK when I left the hospital, felt good until about 8 PM. Then the knee block began to wear off.

On top of that I had not gotten the pain medicine. I was relying on what I had from another time.

Did not work.

Spent Jackie's time trying to get me comfortable.

Did not work

During the night, the leg moved on its own, sharp pains accompanied by very loud moans.

The next morning, I felt so much better.

I wanted to walk all over the place. Crutches were brought up from the basement.

That said, I laid in bed with my leg elevated and iced. Doing everything I was told to do, which is nothing.

I keep thinking I should be doing something rather than nothing.

TV. Boring.

So, I began to write.

Sunday, I drove south to Lewes

Their Mission Group was offering me the opportunity to talk about my time in Sudan.

I took the crutches and the ice pack. Left the ice pack.

Then to work on Monday. The doc was correct. I can do this and be back at work on Monday.

Amazing breakthroughs in technology.

But not so amazing for recovery time, especially when you spend too much time walking around and going up and down the stairs.

Good thing I know that Dr. G does not read this blog.

No comments: