2/24/2009

My Bucket is Filling

I finally learned how to use the DVD player after it was transferred up to the bedroom.

I sat in bed watching Resident Evil: The Apocalypse. If you have ever seen Dawn of the Dead, it is the same thing with a technology boost.

A big boost.

I much preferred Shawn of the Dead, the British parody. What a great film.

I spent most of the day with my leg elevated, reducing the swelling around my knee following surgery on Friday.

Worked too hard yesterday, pay for it today.

However, what a great time I had watching surgery. This minor discomfort still is not enough to wipe out the experience.

Should I ever need minor surgery again, I hope to do the same thing.

Speaking of technology, see above, imagine reading the Sunday Times and discovering that Jane Fonda blogs. Go to www.janefonda.com and you can see what she is and will be doing.

I have always been a fan of hers, regardless of the Vietnam era moniker that was given her.

While reading her latest entry, which she wrote while taking a break during rehearsal, she was to attend a fund raiser and hoped to meet....

Voila. Keith Olberman.

This man's fans are everywhere.

For the uninitiated, KO is the host of Countdown with KO on MSNBC at 8PM (Unabashed plug here.)

My mind wanders from KO to the Yankees, which lead me to Boston and then my Uncle John. Random thoughts not very random

The Yankees had their spring season opener today in Dunedin. They won 6-1. This in the midst of A-rod's "junk." (I think I preferred the rumors about Madonna.) He was cheered and booed.

I have not seen the movie The Bucket List, but I am slowly compiling and taking care of some of mine.

A close couple are to see the Yankees play at Yankee Stadium, and also to attend spring training one year. Who knows. My sister does live in FL. And, the Rev. and C go to games. This might be the summer.

I also love Blimps, ever since seeing one of the Goodyear up close during the building of Marco Island in FL. This past Sunday I met someone who designs for blimps. I am going to see about seeing another up close and possibly working the ropes.

Of course, my big #1 is to meet KO.

Can anyone out there help?

I am willing to grovel.

No comments: