6/15/2009

Westward Ho

The last time that I was in California, I was visiting San Diego for a Diocesan Administrator's workshop. I stayed at a local college, rented a car and drove up and down the coast.

One trip I and friends made was out to Coronado. What a beautiful place. Sandals came off and feet went into the Pacific. Cold water.

I have also attended a conference in San Francisco and enjoyed traveling north into wine country and south along the coast.

This is one beautiful state.

So, I am really looking forward to seeing another city, Anaheim.

Anaheim is the host city for the 2009 General Convention of The Episcopal Church. As the Diocesan Business Manager, I have worked for our Deputation, assisting them in their plans. I have reserved their rooms, paid their registrations, and will advance them funds for the remainder of their stay.

However, I wanted to stow away in the luggage compartment but, I had reconciled myself that it would not be so.

The blog at this time turns to a thank you to The Rev. Canon Mark Harris. He provided me with the opening, a way to be at GC, without being a fly on the wall.

I am going to volunteer for two weeks as a Legislative Aide to the House of Deputies, specifically the Committee on the Consecration of Bishops.

(Picture if you will, me jumping up and down, yelling Wahoo.)

OK, that's enough picturing.

So, for the next few weeks, this space will be dedicated to writing about my experience, the experiences of the greater Episcopal Church, and pictures.


If I have the time, Goofy and I might take in dinner and a show.

No comments: