3/03/2011

Sights of Lancaster

Sometime this past December, I was feeling the need to travel, to leave town and just drive. 

When I was younger, Kathryn's dad and I would take part in road rallies.  A contest to see who would arrive first at a location by solving riddles, traveling at the correct speeds. 

Gas was cheap, there were no cells phones, and technology did not rule our lives.

When we lived in Aston, PA these rallies would take place across the river around Swedesboro and Glassboro, NJ.  Little did I think that at a later date we would actually buy our first house there.

So that Sunday, skipping church, I headed out to find examples of humanity outside of Delaware.  Here are some pictures of what I found in on the road to and from and in Lancaster.

 I cannot begin to convey how tall this horse really was, except that when he walked towards me and the camera I began to back up.  Here I had discovered him during his downtime, not hooked behind a plow.
What the heck is Meat Bingo.  Being a vegetarian, I shudder.

What a great Nativity Scene

Why can't we all recycle like this?

Comments?
This I really liked.


Ha!
o
Yo Ho Ho

Finally I knew what I had been driven to find.
 

No comments: