8/17/2008

Bud.....Weis.....Er

I have heard the frogs.

For the past two nights, the frogs have emerged up from the sand to call to me and any mate that might be listening.

They disappear back into the sand during the day. Sad really, since I had images of them all sitting around on lily pads that also rose with them during the night.

Not to be.

However, the house that I am now staying in is worth more these past two days. It has become lake shore property. I was initially enamoured with the scene and thought about building a platform out to the middle and fishing.

Now however, I understand that it will stand until the sun dries it up. During that time, algea may form and there will be a horrific smell.

House value will decrease.

Of course, the nearness of the water means that everyone now walks in front of the compound. New individuals are being introduced to the barking, growling Rascal. And, there is no where for them to go, but run or walk faster by.

I have noticed a big difference in American and Sudan men. Those that drive big Tonka trucks.

In America, most men would be driving through the water, popping wheelies and making figure eights. Here, no one goes near the water. Makes me wonder if they now something.


For instance, how is quicksand formed?

No comments: