4/12/2009

Life's comings and goings

This little boy came home from Sunday School and was telling his parents about what he had learned.

The lesson was from Genesis 3:19 where the Lord said from dust you came and to dust you will return.

Later that week, his father asked him to go clean up his room. Shortly after, the little boy came out and told his father that someone under his bed was either coming or going.

Get it, coming or going.. or coming or going.

I believe that life is really a circle. Or at least mine is.

I keep going around and around, like a Merry-Go-Round ride.

On the ride you know when you have made a complete circle because you keep track of the place you started and you see in again and again until the ride stops.

But, what if you forget the place you started?

What if you only remember you have been there once you realize, whoa, I remember being there, doing that before.

Of course, when you keep doing that enough, most likely you wish you were off the ride.

What is better coming and going or round and around?

The past several weeks I thought that I was on a new ride. One more adventurous, surroundings that I had not seen before.

Similar to going to the Safari Park rather than the Amusement Park.

That which had made life hectic was gradually disappearing. Time was available for reflection.

Fervor reappeared along with the spring flowers.Cliche after cliche also appeared.

Hope springs eternal.

Every cloud has s silver lining.

April showers bring May flowers.

Which reminds me of a scene in the TV show NCIS.

One character was routing through his desk, throwing things away, cleaning this out, generally making a nuisance of himself. Another character, from Israel, asking him what he was doing.

Spring cleaning was his reply. Don't you have spring cleaning in Israel?

Israel is in the desert, there is no spring.

This Easter morning will find Delaware sunny and full of flowers. Sorrowful Friday is gone.

I wish every Easter came around at the same time each year. Quit moving around the calendar. Pick a date stick with it.

That said, I am glad that today is about resurrection.

I am glad that this day of remembrance comes around and around each and every year.

To those of you who are in my thoughts and heart, Happy Easter wherever you are.

My daughter, family and friends up and down the east coast.

My adopted daughter in Africa.

My adopted family and friends in Sudan and Liberia.

May all of you have a Blessed (Safe) Easter Day.

The Lord is Risen, Alleluia, Alleluia.

No comments: