2/04/2008

Exhaustion

I am exhausted. Today packed more emotional activity into one day then has been the case in a while. And all of it GREAT.

This morning began with Carnival Sunday at church. Great music (jazz, Italian, Hispanic, taize, spiritual), costumes and revelry as we head into Lent. Furthermore, I get to wear the beads for two more days. Unless you are a child or clown, the beads usually hang around a bedpost or mirror until called into action the same time each liturgical year. Meaning for me: remember today, it will come around on Easter Sunday. HOPE.

Just when I thought I was heading home, I walked uptown with friends to hear Barack Obama speaking in the square. What energy! Singing, cheering, screaming, applauding, you name it. It was there. People from every walk in life, every age, every economic condition, every race. I stood next to an interviewer from Japan, chatted with a reporter from Britain and Ireland, spoke with commentators from Countdown (with Keith Olbermann), producers from ABC TV. For those of us afraid of crowds check out the great pictures and video at www.delawareonline.com Listen to the man. There was the message again..HOPE with an additional inspiration of YES WE CAN.

Which leads into my emotional evening. I am a New Yorker. I am a Giant fan. And I am proud of my New York Giants. I had HOPE and I thought YES THEY CAN. And it came true. Whoopee.

What a buzz by 11 PM tonight. I cannot sleep. So, I am blogging. Is this therapeutic? Will I be able to sleep after writing this down?

One can only HOPE.

No comments: