6/19/2008

In Praise of the United States

This morning, I want to sing the praises of the US Government at work.

Last night, in a last ditch effort to find a Vet for Rascal, I emailed the address for the US Embassy here in Khartoum.

Imagine, getting a reply under 10 hours from a real person with a solution.
Mr. Mohammad Masud, who works at the Embassy, had contacted a Dr. Ferris Hammam, who agreed to come to the house this morning to look at Rascal.

I phoned Dr. Hammas. four people who spoke Arabic told him how to get here and he has just left.

He will return with medicine and a muzzle in order to inject an anti-inflamatory shot. This I have got to see.

The inspection of Rascal's ear was done through a window, with Rascal and I on the other side.

Life here is surreal.

But, I also have a dinner date.

I love surprises.

Hurray for the Red, White and Blue!

No comments: