7/13/2008

Another Sunday in Sudan

It is currently a balmy 88 degrees under partly cloudy breezy skies. Sami, next door says this occurs once a year.

I have figured out how to open the top windows at the back bedroom and now have a breeze throughout the house. There is a tree outside the window.

Also, lots of men sitting under the tree playing dominoes.

When I awoke at 8:30 it must have been a little cooler and it felt chilly.

Yesterday the high was 110.

I have rigged my laptop to run off electricity from an outside plug and have it perched on top of the water storage barrell. All this under the sunshield.

Rascal seems to like the company and I love being outside.

Today, I will be reading the first lesson at church at 6 PM, Genesis and the beginning of the story of Jacob and Esau.

There are many accents at this English speaking service. A great group of Africans and some ex
-pats from around the globe.

I am actually worrying about being understood.

Speaking of ex-pats, there is a heighten sense of awareness about being such in Sudan for the past few days.

The announcement by the ICC tomorrow regarding Sudan means lots of rhetoric is flying around.

You can be sure that what it all actually means will play itself out somewhere in western and/or southern parts of Sudan.

Please continue praying for Sudan, those in authority and its people.

No comments: