7/09/2009

Oh, what a glorious morning

Yesterday morning marked the beginning of General Convention, starting with The House of Deputies and The House of Bishops initial meetings. Chris Brennan Lee was volunteering in the House of Bishops so she had an early start.

I had breakfast in my room, coffee and water, and then headed over to Hall D for the Opening Eucharist. I wanted a good seat and I wanted to volunteer as a Communion Assistant. I obtained both.

Hall D seems to go on forever and yesterday I attempted to try to show the depth by taking several pictures and standing in one place. So far, that does not capture what I want it to do. I think that I will send the pictures to Danny Schweers to see if he and merge and post.

That said, it is amazing to me that it will be filled at the Eucharist. Here is a picture of the entire altar, followed by one of the large screens.I saw Tom and Janet Kerr and LaVerne Cheatham. All others were present, I am sure.
At the beginning of the service, as people filed in from the their respective Houses, a drummer from South Africa lead us in responding chants. At the end, the Presiding Bishop entered.

The Presiding Bishop's sermon was wonderful, and you can read it in its entirety on line at Episcopal Life On line. Sorry to spoil the ending, but her repetition of the word Mission and then silence, spoke so loudly to me, even though she had spoken very softly.

PS. I was remiss in not posting this picture of the ECW attendees arriving at Convention. Take a bow ladies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Judi for your posts and your pictures. I will follow your blog daily.