4/16/2008

Sleeplessness

Awake at 3 AM. Cursed.

It is finally hitting me.

Two weeks from today is my last day of work and the beginning of my sabbatical.

Diocesan Convention is over. The auditors are in house. Yesterday, I met with the chair of the loan and grant committee. I prepared an agenda for their May 8 meeting. I will not be attending.

Next week, the chair of the Trustees. Their May 22 meeting I will not be attending.

Time is marching/running forward.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from the Southern Sudan Mission. This is where I sent my visa application. It seems that they could only issue visas if I were entering Juba first. (Thanks Emmanuel).

However, I am entering thru Khartoum and that means that the Sudan Embassy must issue the visa. She, Sunday (great name), was walking the application over to the Embassy. Their time frame 3-4 weeks. She will emphasize the need to expedite.

Last night, I had my send off dinner with Jackie. Great time. However, she is sadly excited.

Then home to stuff more fund raising envelopes. I thought asking for support would be easy. It is not. For others, it is a piece of cake, for me, not so much. I am humbled by the support.

Today, I will talk with the consultant who will work with the staff while I am gone. My replacement. Feels strange to write that.

Each task becomes something that I do for the last time, temporarily.

Saying good bye. My daughter. My sister. My friends.

Suddenly, I am reminded about Easter and the Resurrection message. The promise of new life.

However, new life comes with a price. One must first leave the old, even if it is temporary.

No comments: