4/03/2008

Surprises

I love getting gifts. Not because of what is inside, it could be empty. I love surprises. I love the unwrapping. I try to give the wrapping the attention it deserves, but I am not always faithful.

Yesterday, I heard from a voice from the past. A woman I used to work with at the diocese. What a joy to hear from her again.

Surprise.

She called because she read an article about my trip in the Communion, the monthly newspaper of the diocese. She was so excited for me.

We caught up on the fact that she was back living in Delaware.

Surprise.

Then she shared with me her own journey to South Africa. It was wonderful to hear the excitement in her voice. And, she told me the following story.

She had decided that she wanted to support my trip to Africa, in lieu of her returning. However, she did not know which "pot" she should take the funds from. She told me that last year she had purchased a new energy saver washer and dryer. It came with a rebate.

But the check had never arrived as of Sunday. So, she prayed and the check arrived Wednesday.

So this was the pot she was sending up to support the trip.

SURPRISE.

No comments: