4/08/2008

Uncertainty is Certain

I am learning to become more comfortable with the unknown. Notice that I did not say "have learned." I am forever in the classroom on this subject.

On Monday, I read an email that came in on Friday about the logistics of my trip.

If you remember an earlier writing, I had finally made the decision to arrive and leave from Khartoum. I had not been able to get a definitive answer to my questions from those in Sudan. So I had taken the lead.

I was feeling quite comfortable "knowing" that I would have two months in Khartoum and two months in Juba, and a trip over to Kampala. I had a place to stay in Khartoum and was putting feelers out to wrap up housing in Juba.

Whoa. Now it appears I might be staying a very short time in Khartoum and more in Juba.

Or not.

The phrase Go with the Flow keeps popping up in my head.

And, the song Don't worry, Be Happy (thanks Mary Ann), by Bobby McFerrin.

And, finally Always look on the bright side of Life" written by Eric Idle and performed by the cast in Spamalot playing on Broadway. Fans of Monty Python will know that this came from the move The Life of Brian. Seeing the play last Friday evening has me whistling this during the day.

Of course, I will at times be playing downbeat songs from Les Miserable or something from K.D. Lang. (Judy can attest to that.)

However, what I am certain of in my heart and soul, is that it will be alright. Plans will work out. I will have a roof over my head and food to eat and people to be in community with.

Why? Because I am not in charge. I am putting my travel plans in the hands of a more experienced travel agent. Thanks be to God.

For certain.

No comments: