5/26/2008

Ozone


I have actually sat in the Ozone, without leaving the planet.


These pictures are from a very popular restaurant, within a traffic circle, which makes it either easier to get a lift or to be nearly run over.
I have had both experiences.


The traffic circle was formerly known as the Coca-Cola circle, due in large, very large, part to the very large Coca-Cola can.


I learned yesterday, from tne South African Manager, Matthew, that the corporation which has the Coca-Cola franchise for Sudan, owns/rents the circle that now houses the restaurant.


Yesterday, I began my morning there with a banana waffle and coffee.


I ended my day there, after church, with a cold drink.


Met lots of people there that are long-time friends of the Watsons. All of them are in the teaching/evangelising of Jesus profession.


Yikes.


Ozone is a heavenly place that provides a person with the coolest outside establishment in Khartoum. Lots of spraying mist that cools the body down.
Last night, I learned that certain parts of Khartoum did experience heavy downpours of rain the prior evening and even loss of electricity in Khartoum North. (Speaking of loss of electricity, mine just went out at 8:15 AM.)

There are hundreds of ex-pats that come to eat, chat, read, write, etc. Though, I have never seen a laptop.


And the languages are from all over the globe.


Enjoy.

No comments: