5/13/2008

Starry, Starry Night - Part Two

Well, I may have romanticized sleeping under the stars a bit.

In fact, sitting, or standing, or reading, or emailing, or lying under the stars would be more appropriate.

At 4:15 AM I moved in doors.

That is the time the Iman's start their first call to prayer. Of course, I did not know this. I am usually asleep.

That was the last straw.

At the beginning, an African Drum Group played until 11 PM.

During the night, I heard each plane landing and lifting off.

And Rascal, who felt the need to protect me from every sound he heard, barked loudly.
Then of course, running to the bed for a pat on the head reward.

And the nighttime feral cats, who move from roof top to roof top, aided by Rascal barking and leaping off the walls. One time, running onto the bed and over my stomach.

And the stars. I did not want to take my glasses off in case a shooting star went by.

In case you are wondering, the Imans are still praying. It has been ½ hour.

So today, my Birthday, I will most likely resemble that Cranky Old Lady on the Hallmark cards.
If it were Christmas, I would be Bah Humbuging.

Tonight, indoors, even if it is the Hilton.

1 comment:

Mark Harris said...

Happy Birthday! So much for stars. Kick the AC. Get a really really large fan, spritz yourself with water, have a large rum and away you go. (WOrks for me in Haiti.)

From an admirer