5/01/2008

The Day Before

Whew!

I always seem to underestimate the amount of work that needs to be done before I leave the house for a long period of time.

I thought I would lounge around in bed for a while. K called at 7:15 AM. Then the cats heard noise and wanted to be fed. It seemed like a nice day.

The lawn people showed up at 8:30 AM. I had just finished stringing up the roses through out the yard, hanging other summer ornaments in the trees.

And the cat food and litter. My chevy Aveo was having a hard time rapidly accelerating with such large bags of kibble and litter in the back.

Went to the Post Office and the bank and Happy Harry's for one more prescription.

Filled the car with gas, went to Home Depot.

Started cleaning the house and doing laundry. Ugh. Two chores I detest.

Yesterday, I saw my last movie until the fall. Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Laughed the entire movie. (Big surprise).

Tonight at 9:30 PM, I will log onto British Airways and pick my seat for tomorrow's flight.

Tonight, more packing and ironing.

But I will watch my last live Countdown, Dr. Who, and Dae Joyoung while I do all of this.

K will protest these shows, but she will suffer willingly.

I am making my goodbye phone calls and completing my thank yous.

The feeling is one of body surfing on a wave. Slowly moving forward, head down, enjoying the ride.

As the wave completes its journey, satisfaction and the urge to do it again.

No comments: