5/18/2008

Pictures of All Saints Cathedral Khartoum,Sudan

I have uploaded my pictures of the Khartoum Cathedral. This link might also allow access to the previously published pictures from the February trip to Kampala, Uganda and Juba, Sudan., So if you did not see my original trip, please enjoy.








This is the last job for today.

I did not make it to church. I ran out of courage.

Not to attend church, but how to get there.

My solution:
Tomorrow I will ride a rickshaw to the Cathedral with Tito following behind to make sure that I gave the proper directions and address.

That way, if I am wrong, he will come to the rescue.

This will make his life so much easier and I will have the courage to attend church next week.

Here is a picture of my hero.




It was taken at the "restaurant" on the cathedral grounds. Here are a couple of pictures of that as well. My other eating companion was a real "cluck".




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new cathedral looks very attractive. The old building had a tower, which I understand was destroyed. My company supplied the 8 bells in 1931. Do you know if they too were destroyed, or were taken down and stored?
Many thanks
Nigel