5/12/2008

Starry, Starry Night

Star Light, Star Bright, Grant the wish I wish tonight.

Dancing with the Stars.

Starlight Express.

Stardust.

Under the stars.

That is where I am sleeping. Under the stars.

I have decided that since the AC is not working, and it is cooler outside, this is where I shall sleep.

Around 8PM I pulled the bed outside to the courtyard.

Sprayed the bricks with water to cool everything down.

Set up the laptop.

Took a shower. Got ready to blog.

No web access to Google, Comcast, BBC, nothing for the past hour.

So, I am reclining on the bed looking up into the black sky. The moon is at half and growing each night. The stars are beautiful.

I have not done this since camping as a Girl Scout, a long, long, time ago.

It is hard to see the sky at night in Delaware. Here it is easy.

Too bad that I do not know the names of the constellations that I am seeing. I could see the Big and Little Dippers in every constellation if I tried hard enough.

So, if I am looking at the stars, how is this being typed?

Well, I just received a phone call from L. Stanley. She is, hopefully, arriving in Khartoum this Friday, from Renk, on her way to Virginia this Sunday. I hope to meet her prior to her leaving.

So I tried the internet again. No luck. Rather than wait. I type in word and will transmit when I can get back on line.

Now, back to the stars.

1 comment:

Mark Harris said...

Great to hear you have found the stars again....and that you are safe. What a journey, what a delight, that you found out about Air Conditioning al la carte. What do you do with mosquitos , etc.

Life can be good indeed.